Objectives: To improve reading speed, to increase personal vocabulary, to practice reviewing books, to improve writing style, to add to my books collection, to encourage diversity in reading, to add to my knowledge bank, and much more….
Goals: Read a book every week. For 52 weeks. Starting 1.1.2012. Write a short review of the book based on your thoughts about it.
Rules: No starting before time, no pushing over one book to the next week, no finishing two books in one week. All books qualify, except e-books. E-books that are also available in print qualify. Books that have been read before are automatically disqualified. It is preferred that you are the owner of the books, but if you cannot afford to buy 52 books, then you should at least buy one or two, and borrow the rest from a library or someone whom you know.
My book list:
Purple strikethrough = Finished reading on time, Fuchsia = Reading in progress, Black = Not yet started, F = Fiction, NF = Non-fiction, O = Owned by me, NO = Not owned by me, W# = no. of week it was read in
- Ambush Alley, Tim Pritchard – F O
- Firestorm, Nevada Barr – F O
- Five Greatest Warriors, Matthew Reilly – F O
Getting More, Stuart Diamond– NF O W3 Mummy Told Me Not To Tell, Cathy Glass– NF O W1
- Not Without My Daughter, Betty Mahmoody w William Hoffer – NF O
- Polar Quest, Tom Grace – F O
- Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe – F NO
- Seven Ancient Wonders, Matthew Reilly – F O
- Super Nutrients Handbooks, Lyndel Costain – NF NO
- The Devil’s Colony, James Rollins – F O
The Emerald Atlas, John Stephens– F NO W2
- The Facebook Effect, David Kirkpatrick – NF NO
- The Memory Collector, Meg Gardiner – F O
Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin– NF O W4
- and more ……
Who else is joining me on this challenge? Please post below so we can keep track of each others’ progress.